First brew day of the year was going well, but cmpletely stopped in its tracks as the grainfather pump has stopped pumping.. Can’t ascertain if its a blockage or yet another technical flaw with this unit but either way, the brew is fucked.. My patience with grainfather is pretty much exhausted.. Going to look for a replacement.
Alternatively, if you do not have a webmentions enabled website then you can leave a message using the comment parade form below.
Please copy the following and paste into the URL field below: https://jk.nipponalba.scot/note/60043973/
All going well, interactions will take a few minutes to appear, possibly longer due to .. gremlins.
Comments & Replies
It was a blockage, I fixed it but by the time the pipe was cool enough to be touched (it contained boiling wort) the wort had been exposed for too long and cooled too slowly and the risk of high levels of DMS rendered it essentially ruined.
It lives on for one more fault.. it seems that grains falling down the recirculation pipe and clogging the pump pipework is a known issue with the unit and as a result there is another filter attachment to reduce this happening.. given its cheaper than a new brewing unit, I've ordered one along with all of the grains and hops again and hopefully will get a successful brew off next weekend!