Today’s brew was (potentially) my best yet, which in all fairness is what you would expect in an iterative learning process.
I made some adjustments to make some of the processes more efficient but unlike earlier attempts they were a direct result of previous lessons learned.
This brew was perhaps my last before the lessons of my brewing & distilling programme settle in so it was personally important for me to use my previous message experiences and adjust accordingly before the bedrock of understanding the scientific processes was formed.
My original gravity target was 1.083, according to my hydrometer I hit about 1.0823 and my refractometer 1.083.. the latter may require tuning.. but if you’ll permit a slightly emotion fed response ‘ya fuckin dancer’
The big test however is the final gravity, the target is 1.016 and my last 3 brews of this same beer haven’t breached 1.041.. so whilst I’m happy with today’s brew and I did my best to oxygenate the shit out of the wort.. I’ll not be satisfies unless the FG is lower than 1.020
I don’t know what these numbers mean either, other than a measure of sugar to water density.